Saturday, May 21, 2005

Coming Attractions

Although the Sharks' 2005 season has ended, there's more to come on the blog. I'll be posting a recap of yesterday's playoff game along with one of the Santa Paula game on May 12. (I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get back to recapping that game.) There will also be more photos--both game photos that were not previously posted and a variety of others (including Sharks in tuxes from the prom last night).

At some point this summer I'm hoping to post a collection of photos of the seniors taken during their earlier baseball days. (Please let me know if you have photos from Little League or T-ball that you would be willing to scan and contribute for this project.)

The statistics from the 2005 season have scarcely been mined at all. With the scorebook in front of me, I'll be digging for--and occasionally writing about--interesting facts about the team that may have gone unnoticed during the season.

More baseball is just around the corner. The American Legion season begins in mid-June. Look for information about that--including the schedule--in the next few days. And once the Legion season begins, I'll be posting scores, recaps, and statistics.

What about the long-term future of the blog? This has been a labor of love, inspired by the knowledge that one of my sons, whose teams I have enjoyed watching since the days of the Malibu T-ball Reds, was a senior, as were many of his teammates whom I have also enjoyed watching for a long time. Since I also have a son who is a freshman, I suspect the labor of love will continue for a few more seasons before I pass Sharks Baseball off to a new blogger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long do we have to wait for a write-up on the games playedlast week? Or are you not posting them?

Robert E. Williams said...

Thanks for the prompt. I've been way too busy lately, but I'll write up Friday's playoff game today and try to go back and recount the Santa Paula game tonight or tomorrow. (I'm still not happy about losing the long post about the Santa Paula game that I wrote about the time that Blogger was going down for some maintenance or something.)