Thursday, October 05, 2006

LAMSBL Championship Game

The following paid announcement comes from Coach Buss:

This Sunday at 11AM, at Malibu High School, my 30 and over team plays for our league championship. I just wanted to invite you all to the game. Admission is free. As a matter of fact, I will pay you to come. You will see several ex-major leaguers, including 2-time Cy Young Award winner and World Series MVP Bret Saberhagen, and former minor league player of the year, 40-40 guy, and all around steroider Jose Canseco. The game also features a fat mortgage broker/coach playing first base for the LA Yankees. Said coach is in the running for league MVP, and should secure that all-important award if he plays well this Sunday. This award basically means nothing to anyone, except me. If I win it, I will have something else to talk about for the next few years. Your ears may bleed, but I will be happy.

All in all it should be a fun day. . . . I will probably buy a few rounds of drinks at the Malibu Inn after, for anyone who shows up and doesn't root against me or my team.

Cheeseburgers for the High School players who cannot, and should not, consume alcohol.

Malibu High--Sunday--11:00 a.m.

Be there!

No comments: