Monday, March 20, 2006

Editorial Notes

It's long overdue, but I've finally added a link labeled "2006 Statistics (Max Preps)" in the column to the right. Following this link will take you to the 2006 Malibu High Baseball page on Max Preps. The 2006 schedule, roster, and statistics are available on the Max Preps site.

Updates on the Max Preps page come from coaches. If you read here that Blutarsky went 3-for-4 in the last game and on the Max Preps page it says he went 4-for-4, it simply means that whoever kept score in the dugout was more generous than I was on one of those "do-you-score-that-a-hit-or-an-error" calls. Or it could mean that I made a mistake. At least it could mean that in theory. In practice, I don't actually make mistakes. (I'm kidding, Anne.)

The Malibu Baseball site is maintained by Coach Gallo, so he's the one who can correct the spelling of your name there, Coach Lehmkuhl. (Never mind. It's been corrected.) Although I don't work on the Malibu Baseball site, I'm not above stealing stuff from there to put on this blog from time to time.

Coach Buss, who likes to see himself and his dog here on the blog, recently asked about the absence of photos in recent weeks. They're coming. When I have time, I'll be editing some of the game summaries that have already been posted in order to insert some game photos. (If you have photos you'd like to see posted here, please let me know.)

I'm usually able to attend only the varsity games, but I'm happy to post information about JV games when I can get it and when I have time to post it. Coach Jacobs has promised to feed me some game summaries, so look for more stories about the JV team soon.

Just to be clear, this is a very unofficial web site unaffiliated with Malibu High School and the Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District that I maintain in my spare time (although I see that it's now 4:30 in the afternoon, which means that it's technically not my spare time) because I've always enjoyed watching my sons play baseball and I know that some day that will come to an end and I'd like to have a record of all the good times but I'm not very good at scrapbooking. So while I think I've been pretty fair to all concerned since this thing started--and I'm definitely not into critical comments--I've probably been (and will continue to be) partial to players named "Williams" (and dogs wearing baseball caps), so I thank you in advance for your indulgence.

Leave me a comment if you have, uh, a comment--or a suggestion.

Thanks for your patronage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely no need to apologize for what you put in YOUR blog Robert. You see, here in democratic society, if you post a blog, you can include in it whatever content you wish. Anyone who has a problem with said content is welcome, for their $9.99 a month plus connectivity fees, to start their own blog. Your quasi-communist lefty political beliefs being what they are, it is understanable that you would feel the need to justify this blog's contents, but rest assured, here in a capitalist society, your right to free blogging is secure. The masses are duly impressed with your fine work, and hope for it to continue for several years to come. Incidentally, thanks for the re-post of MY kid's picture. His mom loves to see him get props on the internet.

Robert E. Williams said...

Well, first of all, it's probably time for a new picture of Spenser here on the ol' blog--and I'll be happy to post it when you provide it. Second, the problem with you wingnuts is that you think the market can solve all of our problems. Some of us think that community (even virtual community) is important and that market competition can't replace it. So while I appreciate your encouragement to let loose the radical libertarian deep inside me, I'm more concerned with making sure that folks who are new to this virtual community (read "parents of freshman players") are prepared to cut me some slack when they see way too many photos of Stephen Williams and Spenser Buss.

By the way, it's raining like crazy about half a mile offshore right now. I'm not liking what I see.